Drinking Water – essential to life. Almost all naturally occurring water contains dissolved organic minerals and salts, such as sodium, calcium, magnesium, iron, chlorides, sulfates, nitrates, carbonates and bicarbonates. These typically derive from decayed organic matters or manmade pollutants. ENAQUA membrane solutions filter the water for dissolved organic minerals and salts, providing you with a solution for safe and portable water.
- Water is everywhere. 97.5% is saltwater and 2.5% is fresh water fit for human consumption. Less than 1% is actually available for the world’s population to share as much is tied up in glaciers and polar ice caps.
- More than 783 million people do not have access to safe drinking water: 3 million die from water related diseases every year. Half of the world’s hospital beds are filled with people sick from contaminated water.
- Demand for fresh water is already expected to increase 30% by 2030.
- It is estimated that already by 2025, 65% of the world’s population will live in water stressed areas.
- Enaqua has provided water purification and desalination solutions for drinking water for a wide range of customers such as municipalities, hotels, resorts and parks.
Request a Solution